6 × 2.5 mL dropper bottles
Store at ≤ 25°C.
NucRed® Dead 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent is a cell impermeant stain that emits bright far-red fluorescence when bound to DNA. Since this reagent stains the cells without plasma membrane integrity it is extremely useful to measure viability and to measure cytotoxicity in kinetic live cell assays. NucRed® Dead 647 reagent is also suitable for staining nuclei in fixed cell preparations and tissue sections.
• Exceptionally bright far-red fluorescence upon binding to DNA
• Rapid staining of damaged, dead, or fixed cells without wash steps
• Ready-to-use liquid formulation in convenient dropper bottle—no need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
• Stability at room temperature—keep handy at your scope or cell culture area
See other ReadyProbes® reagents for cell staining
See other nuclear stains for imaging
Cell imaging applications
The far-red fluorescence emission makes it ideal for use in combination with blue, green, and red fluorophores, such as Hoechst, GFP/FITC, and Texas Red®.
Suggestions for use
• NucRed® Live 647 ReadyProbes® Reagent may be added directly to cells in full media, or buffer solutions.
• In most cases, 2 drops/mL and an incubation of 15 to 30 minutes will give bright nuclear staining; however, more or fewer drops can be added for optimal staining intensity.
• In most cases, staining intensity increases with time if cells are not washed prior to imaging.
• It is detected through a far-red filter, such as a Cy®5 filter, or a Cy®5 Light Cube for EVOS® imaging systems.